Thanks to the special printing technique that we use to create our products, the ink we use to print the designs, becomes part of the textile or the webbing. As result, there will be much less color fading than other types of printing techniques (apart from the physical friction on the materials which results in the damage to the textile itself than the ink is fading). Saltwater, as with any textile, can have a bleaching effect on the textile parts.
The metal parts of our collars are made of stainless steel with a chromium protective layer against rust and corrosion. But stainless steel can, in fact, rust and corrode if continuously exposed to saltwater or other corrosive conditions over time. So again, apart from those continuous physical damaging conditions, if taken care of appropriately, there should be no rusting or corrosion.
To clean your product;
- You can simply use a damp cloth to wipe out any excessive dirt.
- Use clean water to rinse out any dirt and saltwater on metal parts and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Use clean water to rinse out saltwater from textile parts.
- Please do not use cleaning agents.
- Please do not use the washing machine.
If you feel like that you really need to wash your product in a washing machine (or need to rinse out saltwater from textile parts):
- Use cold water.
- Put your product in a sock (or two) and secure it inside, in order not to damage your product or your washing machine.
- You can squeeze it a bit in a towel to get rid of excessive water.
- Let it dry on a towel, in-room temperature, or in a ventilated area, far from direct sunlight.
- Do not use any cleaning agents.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not dry close to, or over, or in a heater, radiator, or dryer.
- Do not dry under direct sunlight.